1. Penick, John E., Focus On Excellence, National Science Teachers Association, Vol. 1 - No. 3, 1742 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington D.C. 20009
2. Ward, H. and Whipple, G., 1965, Fresh-water Biology, New York, John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
3. Needham, J. G. and Needham, P.R., 1962, A Guide to the Study of Fresh Water Biology, San Francisco, Holden-Day, Inc.
4. Cummins, K. and Merritt, R. 1978, An Introduction to Aquatic Insects of North America, Dubuque, IA., Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
5. Pfieger, W. L., 1975, The Fishes of Missouri, Missouri Department of Conservation, Jefferson City, Mo., Western Publishing Co.
6. Hach, Coliform Procedures, Multiple Tube Fermentation Technique, P.O.Box 389, Loveland, CO., 80539
7. HACH, Water Analysis Handbook, 1981 edition, P.O.Box 389, Loveland, CO., 80539
8. Mitchell M. K. and Stapp W. B.,1995, Field Manual for Water Quality Monitoring, An Environmental Program for Schools,2050 Delaware Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
9. Ullensvang, Suzanne, 1983, Some Seasonal Ecological Characteristics of Sinking Creek, unpublished Missouri Junior Academy of Science Manuscript.
10. Brower, James, 1990, Field and Laboratory Methods for General Ecology, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, pg. 87-92
11. Jackson, Jim, 1984, Ecology of Missouri Forests, Missouri Department of Conservation, pg. 16-21
12. LaMotte Company, PO Box 329, Chestertown, Maryland, 21620